By upgrading to Novell GroupWise, you can easily overcome a costly, difficult and troublesome Exchange upgrade that quite often involves excessive licensing fees. In addition, you also acquire a far more secure and consistent collaborative environment. GroupWise facilitates you with the best in communications and collaboration capabilities while reducing the cost generally involved in effective managing and maintaining a high-performance system. In fact, the benefits you can gain from performing Exchange Server to GroupWise migration are -
- Easy management of more than 10,000 users in any given time.
- GroupWise can easily handle a load capacity up to 200 times greater than that of Exchange, and so helps in reducing your hardware acquisition.
- Start the Migration Wizard by clicking Start – Microsoft Exchange – Deployment – Migration Wizard (MAILMIG.EXE).
- Select the type of migration
PC Networks - This option allows you to migrate Microsoft Mail for PC Networks users, mail, along with schedule data directly.
Lotus Notes - This option permits you in migrating users, mail, and schedule information right from your Lotus Notes or Domino server.
- Choose Microsoft Exchange and click on “Next” button.
However, you must keep in mind that you can only migrate mailboxes from the source server provided that the source server is not part of the same Exchange 2003 organization.
So, before you start the migration process, validate the following on the source server:
- Exchange services are running
- In case, the source server is an Exchange 5.5 server, just ensure that the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) is active
- Specify the location where you want the data to migrate by specifying the computer.
- Specify from which server the migration should start.
- Apply the Filter and select the information you want to migrate and press NEXT. You can very well filter the messages based upon a date range with specific subjects.
- Select the accounts you want to migrate
- Specify the destination container in Active Directory
- Click, Options in order to have an easy access to advanced account creation.
- Depending upon the requirement, choose the respective option, whether you want to use the Windows Account name for password or a random generated password. Click OK.
Migration Progress starts, though you got to note that the processing time varies on the size of the mailbox and the number messages in the mailbox. Once the migration method gets over, the following message appears on the screen.
Although, this manual method may help you to export Exchange Server to GroupWise platform, but it can be very tiring and time consuming. Therefore, it is ideally recommended to take help of third party email migration software such as Kernel for Exchange to Novell GroupWise. With the help of such application, one can switch from MS Exchange to GroupWise platform and execute the entire operation in an effortless manner. Best aspect about such software is that it maintains the integrity of data in the migrated mailboxes, Outlook profiles or PST files.
So, the next time you plan for Exchange Server to GroupWise platform decide the option depending upon the requirement. For more information, please check out link - http://www.exchangetogroupwise.com/